During the budget discussion the chair raised a specific objection to a possible advisory-board recommendation to move $1,700,000 from the Park Avenue refresh into 2028 acquisition funds. He said, "I do not would not want to allocate $1,700,000 from the Park Avenue refresh at this time for 2028. Let's see where we are in a year or 2, especially for acquisition that I don't know what we're trying to acquire right now."
Staff responded that the advisory board had suggested beginning to shift some funds toward CRA 2 and 3 but that staff would support delaying movement if the board's intention was to keep Park Avenue funding in place. The chair emphasized flooding concerns on Park Avenue as a reason to prioritize finishing that refresh before reallocating large sums. No final reallocation decision was recorded during the meeting.