A new, powerful Citizen Portal experience is ready. Switch now

Emergency services awarded $25,000 to study hazardous-material flows through Bladen County

March 03, 2026 | Bladen County, North Carolina


This article was created by AI summarizing key points discussed. AI makes mistakes, so for full details and context, please refer to the video of the full meeting. Please report any errors so we can fix them. Report an error »

Emergency services awarded $25,000 to study hazardous-material flows through Bladen County
Bladen County’s Emergency Services Director told the board the county has been awarded a $25,000 Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Grant to conduct a commodity-flow study that will inventory hazardous materials moving through the county by road, rail, pipeline and potentially via the airport.

The director said the grant will improve first-responder planning and equipment decisions, give the county a better dataset to inform future grant applications for equipment, and that staff will run procurement to hire a contractor to perform the study. The period of performance for the grant has been extended through Dec. 31, 2026.

During follow-up discussion, commissioners asked whether reimbursement had been received after a hazardous incident in Bladenboro. Board members said CSX reimbursed roughly $40,000 for response costs including foam and that ADR and local fire departments were reimbursed for expenses related to the incident.

The Emergency Services Director said staff will return with a final product and a presentation to the board after procurement and completion of the study.

Don't Miss a Word: See the Full Meeting!

Go beyond summaries. Unlock every video, transcript, and key insight with a Founder Membership.

Get instant access to full meeting videos
Search and clip any phrase from complete transcripts
Receive AI-powered summaries & custom alerts
Enjoy lifetime, unrestricted access to government data
Access Full Meeting

30-day money-back guarantee