A new, powerful Citizen Portal experience is ready. Switch now

Developer seeks to close Daugherty Drive access for proposed Four Points hotel; council to review site plan

May 06, 2026 | Monroeville, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania


This article was created by AI summarizing key points discussed. AI makes mistakes, so for full details and context, please refer to the video of the full meeting. Please report any errors so we can fix them. Report an error »

Developer seeks to close Daugherty Drive access for proposed Four Points hotel; council to review site plan
A developer seeking conditional-use approval for a Four Points by Marriott at 2750 Mosside Boulevard asked the Municipality of Monroeville to allow closing a second access point from Daugherty Drive and to rename Holiday Lane to "Marriott Drive." Council did not decide and asked for additional documents before considering the application at its May 12 meeting.

The request was introduced during the council workshop by Councilmember Mr. Graziani and the applicant’s representatives. Attorney Greg Gerlach and consultant Damon Fildauskas presented historical plans and a July 1999 Monroeville ordinance and argued the Daugherty Drive segment has historically terminated at the developer’s property line. "Daugherty Drive was never a public street, was never a through street," Gerlach said, pointing to the Mary B. Daugherty plan of lots and the 1999 ordinance vacating a former cul-de-sac.

Council members and public-safety stakeholders countered with practical concerns about liability, crime, and emergency access if the connection remains closed. A council member noted past incidents in the area: "There was a shooting there... 2016," and raised questions about snow removal and fire-truck turning radius. The fire chiefs’ representatives asked whether a cul-de-sac could be provided and whether the applicant could dedicate land for emergency access and install a Knox box for fire access.

Attorney Jacob Miller, speaking for the property owners, said the closure had been in place during construction and described the area as effectively private hotel parking; he acknowledged further conversation was needed about providing space for a cul-de-sac. Council asked the applicant to supply the 1971 site plan referenced in staff documents and agreed to consider the matter at the May 12 council meeting after reviewing the materials.

Next steps: council will review the historical site plan and related documents supplied by the applicant and consider the development application, including any site-plan revision required to legally close the access, at its May 12, 2026 meeting.

Don't Miss a Word: See the Full Meeting!

Go beyond summaries. Unlock every video, transcript, and key insight with a Founder Membership.

Get instant access to full meeting videos
Search and clip any phrase from complete transcripts
Receive AI-powered summaries & custom alerts
Enjoy lifetime, unrestricted access to government data
Access Full Meeting

30-day money-back guarantee