The Muncie City Board of Sanitary Commissioners voted March 4 to approve a register of claims totaling $1,683,567.76, the Chair said, including three payments to engineering firm Locke Mueller for work on the Kilgore interceptor project.
The Chair highlighted the three Locke Mueller invoices as part of the district’s long-term control plan agreed to with "IDM," and listed the amounts as $286,419.37, $115,768.70 and $174,248.68 for engineering, survey and geotechnical services associated with the project.
The register was moved, seconded and approved without recorded dissent. The transcript does not provide a roll-call tally in the public record for the vote.
Earlier in the meeting the board also moved to approve the Feb. 18, 2026 board minutes. The meeting record indicates routine approval of the claims and minutes and a brief administrator update; the Chair said recruitment for a permanent district administrator has produced candidates to be interviewed.
Why it matters: The approved payments represent contractor and consultant costs tied to the Kilgore interceptor project and the district’s long-term control plan, indicating continuing investment in sewer infrastructure and associated engineering overhead.
What’s next: The transcript records no additional discussion or requests for follow-up on the claims themselves. The board adjourned at the end of the session.