A new, powerful Citizen Portal experience is ready. Switch now

Parole not revoked for Troy Hobart; panel orders domestic-violence class and increased tests

January 20, 2026 | Committee on Parole, Boards & Commissions, Organizations, Executive, Louisiana


This article was created by AI summarizing key points discussed. AI makes mistakes, so for full details and context, please refer to the video of the full meeting. Please report any errors so we can fix them. Report an error »

Parole not revoked for Troy Hobart; panel orders domestic-violence class and increased tests
At the East Baton Rouge remote hearing, Troy Hobart denied injuring the alleged victim and said the charges were dismissed. The state record included photographs and a protective order, but a family member and Hobart’s sister told the panel the charges had been dismissed and the family pledged supervision and support.

Board member Jeri LeDoux said she would vote not to revoke but required Hobart to complete the DOC Duluth domestic-abuse program, submit to increased drug screening and maintain no contact with the victim. Chair Carolyn Stapleton and the other board members concurred. The panel’s decision kept Hobart in the community under enhanced conditions rather than returning him to custody.

Why it matters: the board balanced photographic evidence and a protective order against dismissal of charges and family assurances; it imposed programmatic treatment and monitoring as conditions for supervision.

Don't Miss a Word: See the Full Meeting!

Go beyond summaries. Unlock every video, transcript, and key insight with a Founder Membership.

Get instant access to full meeting videos
Search and clip any phrase from complete transcripts
Receive AI-powered summaries & custom alerts
Enjoy lifetime, unrestricted access to government data
Access Full Meeting

30-day money-back guarantee